Come and visit
- Tuesday – Sunday11am – 6pm
- Closed 25 Dec / 26 Dec / 1 Jan
PRODUCTS & EXPERIENCES at WELTEVREE
Weltevree is a Dutch product label that develops and produces authentic products with a focus on outdoor living. Whether it’s the iconic Dutchtub that allows you to enjoy the pleasure of bathing outside, or a stove that brings the crackling fire into your kitchen, Weltevree brings rawness, sensuality and a closeness to nature into your life. Featuring products that are distinctive, original and of excellent quality, Weltevree aims to deliver a quality experience that satisfies our primary desires. www.weltevree.nl
Floris Schoonderbeek works and lives in both Amsterdam and Arnhem: a perfect mix as he needs to shift between the speed and diversity of the capital city and the space, nature and room to reflect in the green area of Arnhem. Floris: ‘That’s why my studio, where I develop my ideas, is in Arnhem. There I can get rid of the flow of the city and rethink my own path.’
Weltevree as a product label was created to fill the gap between good ideas and an adhered market. Floris started the successful label with the Dutchtub, one of his own designs. Weltevree became a platform where he can develop the growing idea about new needs in our daily life. With products and concepts designed by different designers like Dick van Hoff and Rogier Martens, Weltevree does not only develop unique products but also finds new ways to get their ideas into the world: like WorldWideLocal, their social experience network, or the cookbook that was made especially for the Outdooroven. And at the Weltevree shop at Hôtel Droog you can not only buy the products, but also rent products or book a weekend at one of their experience centers around the world. Many ways to enjoy the Weltevree experience!
- Describe your path of becoming a designer:
- Since I was young I created objects and events I thought would improve my life and my surroundings, socially as well as physically. I try to create products and environments that invent or reinvent a new use of products: it’s an ongoing process because times and people are always changing. It’s great to think about new needs and how to add value to our daily life.
So for me, work is 24/7 because well, life is 24/7.
- Why the move from Arnhem to Amsterdam?
- I’m happy to say we didn’t move. Our base is still in Arnhem. Although we love the city, and especially Amsterdam, we do need the soberness and arnhem mentality. Arnhem has a strong work ethic and a ‘do it yourself-attitude’. Amsterdam is the best spot to present what we do in Arnhem.
- What can we expect from WELTEVREEE at Hôtel droog?
- The past five years we developed our brand and our products. With a lot of experience in the outdoors and back home we are ready to bring the Weltevree attitude into the city. Not only our products, but also special services that make it easier to find your outdoor or indoor adventure within the city. At the Weltevree shop you can also find a real travel desk, because we believe availability is more important than owning stuff. So you can book a weekend at one of our great experience centers worldwide. You can find the Weltevree centers at our social experience network www.worldwidelocal.com.
- What is your favourite lunch recipe?
- The salmon sandwich at Hôtel Droog is actually great: fresh, light and of a high quality.
- What is your greatest passion in life?
- Being able to reinvent myself by rediscovering my environment day after day…